Friday, May 13, 2011

Loving the sunshine

Last week, it finally warmed up enough for us to have a picnic! Ever since Grayson was a newborn, I had these idealistic images in my head of a wonderful picnic on a amazing spring day with Aaron and I on a beautiful picnic blanket while we joyfully watch our child play on the playground at a gorgeous shaded park. With this image in my mind and finally when the sun came out, I asked Aaron "Pretty please can we go for a picnic??" after a few whiny comments, he finally agreed. So we went to the closest park, spread out our blanket and broke out some lunch. When we started, I realized this was not at all my fantasy. The "gentle breeze" was freezing (good thing we had coats in the car), mosquitoes were swarming and were attacking me, Aaron ate and decided he wanted to sleep, so while he slept I was fighting to shove real food down Grayson's throat before he ate the handful of grass he pulled up. Needless to say, he was determined to eat his grass, and he did, while still managing to pull the rice krispie treat out of the wrapper and take a big bite of that which them caused him to choke and vomit all over our picnic blanket....all while Aaron continued in the supine position while saying "just relax and enjoy the sun". Are you kidding me??!! When I get the energy up again, we will try once more....here's hoping!



1 comment:

angie said...

Oh man, I loved everything about this story! It is so true. It seems like throw up always comes in to ruin a perfect fantasy including children ;) Miss you guys, we will have to get together sometime!