Wednesday, March 9, 2011

At last...

IT IS DONE!!! (mostly)

After months of my house looking like this...


We can finally breathe a sigh of relief

We have been working tirelessly since October on the basement and we worked our little fingers to the bone to get it done over my spring break. There were many late nights...including a Saturday night we grouted until 3:30 am (gag). At one point I was positive that my hand was going to be deformed into a claw from wringing out the tile sponge for the 90 millionth time and I am sure we will both develop lung cancer now from all the fumes/dust/dirt we have inhaled for the past few months, but all the pain/stress/worry/xanax went by the wayside the day we finished and were able to lay on the cozy carpet of the basement and know that we were DONE! There are a few finishing touches we need to buy but all in all, I call it done





5 comments:

neina said...

Jen, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in person.

Tiffany said...

What an accomplishment!! We only had to finish one room and it was HUGE pain. It looks awesome!

angie said...

Holy smokes woman, you need a vacay! I don't know how you do it all! It all looks so good. Congrats!

Sheri said...

It looks awesome!!!

Megan said...

This looks fantastic! You are amazing! I LOVE thecolors you picked. :)